|October 26, 2012 - December 15, 2012|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, FSA, Life & Short-term Disability, 401(k), PTO, EAP, Educational Assistance|
|Department:||UEA, Inc. |
|Description:||Small Health and Welfare Plan Administrator (United Employers Association affiliate) seeks Accounting Assistant. Part-time position to start (3-4 days a week) with the potential for full-time later. Successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and the ability and willingness to cross-train for other positions in a small office/team environment.
If you value . . .
we want to talk to you.
- Work/life balance
- Office potlucks
- Families and pets
- Collaborative decision-making
- Quirky, relaxed work environment
- Manage payables and receivables
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Prepare invoices and audit billings
- Provide phone support/customer service in small office environment
- Act as back-up to Benefits Administrator as needed
- Communicate detailed Plan information accurately and effectively
- Meet strict monthly deadlines
- Perform various accounting and administrative tasks as needed
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in accounting, preferrably with Quickbooks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent time management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid phone and presentation skills a must
- Knowledge of health and welfare plans/ERISA/COBRA a plus
- Candidate must also possess enthusiasm, initiative and curiosity
- Patience and sense of humor are equally essential
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.